These posts from 2017 had the most pageviews this year. Here they are, counting down from ten to one.
 June, How much N is in rain and snow? One hears all kinds of numbers. I was surprised to learn these data are regularly measured. There is no need to guess.
 August, How to spend less than $5,000 on tournament green fertilizer. This was $982 for a granular application, $131 for more N, $176 for K, and $2,600 for kelp and micronutrients.
 July, Sward stimpmeter speed for seven species, about my ranking of seven species and the ease of achieving green speed with them.
 January, Sand, leading to more growth, needing more sand, leading to more growth, needing more sand, in which I suggest that adding more sand does not cause grass to grow more.
 December, A non-comprehensive list of awesome turfgrass things other people did this year which although being non-comprehensive, is still extensive.
 June, Of turf, roots, and fertilizer, in which I make three points about this topic.
 January, This is one more post the financial controllers might not want to see about saving $150,000 and budget scrutiny.
 September, “Potassium applications have been associated with increased winter diseases in northern climates” about the surprising result of increased disease after potassium application.
 July, This will make you rethink what you throw in the spray tank: in 11 attempts, silicon failed to increase green speed every single time.
Those were the top 10 this year. Thanks to everyone for reading. More of the top posts from previous years are at these links:
- Top 10 posts of 2016 about OM, coring or not, the most comoon oxymoron in turf, roots, winter traffic, ET daily or monthly, greenhouse gas emissions from golf courses, and ethical purchasing.
- Top 10 posts of 2015 about fertilizer, green speed, soil tests, wind at St. Andrews, the 1/3 rule of mowing, U.S. Open at Chambers Bay, and foliar applications.
- Top 10 posts of 2014 about seasonal N use, control of turf diseases, an anecdote about ammonium sulfate, salesmen suggesting calcium, cool-season grass in the tropics, irrigation, and soil moisture.
- Top 5 posts of 2013 about summertime syringing to cool bentgrass, nutrient requirements, and potassium.
- Top 5 posts of 2012 about five articles every greenkeeper should read, 1 minute on fertilizer, the real price of fertilizer, and the imaginary problem of calcium deficiency.
- Top 5 posts of 2011 about modifying fairway conditions in Thailand, sandcapping or topdressing, weeds in Malaysia, and turfgrass potassium requirements.
- Top 5 posts of 2010 about zoysiagrass fertilizer, the China Golf Show, grass selection and manilagrass, Guidelines for Tropical Turfgrass Installation and Management, and turfgrass performance data at the Open Championship.
- Top 5 posts of 2009 about mowing patterns and grass color, core aeration, salt for weed control, seeded seashore paspalum, and turfgrass in Dubai.