Thinking about sand
How much sand is required as topdressing? And how does one determine what that amount should be? The amount of sand necessary must be the amount required to optimize playing conditions for the most days out of the year, and simultaneously must be the amount required to manage the soil organic matter at the desired level.
Something else I’ve been thinking about—what is the best way to measure the organic matter?
- Putting green organic matter by depth in the soil
- Sand topdressing by growth rate and clipping volume
- Three reasons why sand topdressing is best expressed as a depth
- Total organic matter testing on putting greens: sample number and sample volume
- This one simple trick can transform putting greens from usually good to consistently great